What We Do
Residents do not pay 'rent' but are asked to make a reasonable contribution towards the regular maintenance and upkeep of the properties. This is currently £63 per week.The charity also supports residents by:
- Dealing with all routine repairs and maintenance
- Subsidising heating costs (Newtown Road only)
- Cleaning of communal areas (Harvest Green only)
- External window cleaning
- Upkeep of communal garden areas
- Providing free access to emergency alarm system (with pendant)
- Providing communal TV licence for those who are retired or aged over 75 years
- Covering water rates at both sites
Residents are responsible for all other bills and contents insurance.
Almshouse residents are expected to use the property as their main place of residence, and not as a business address.
Residents may bring small, well-behaved pets with them when they first move in, although taking on new pets must be agreed with the trustees.
Visitors are welcome for short stays, although any regular or longer stays must be agreed with the trustees in the first instance.
The charity will consult all residents on significant issues.